This Fresh Sausage recipe is a great blend fo flavors for fresh sausage links or patties. A good all-around sausage for many uses.
You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Fresh Sausage Seasoning mixes (scroll down to see links).Homemade Fresh Sausage Ingredients:
Homemade Fresh Sausage Instructions
- 5-lbs ground pork
- 5-tsp salt
- 2-tbsp sage
- 1-tsp ground cloves
- 3-tsp black pepper
- 1/2-tsp thyme
- 1/2-tsp allspice
- 2-large onions, finely diced
- 4-cloves garlic, minced
- 1-cup cold water
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat with a fine grinding plate.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.