For habanero chile lovers, this zesty sausage recipe is sure to please.Homemade Habanero Sausage Ingredients:
Homemade Habanero Sausage Instructions
- 3 lb Pork butt
- 1/2 lb Onion
- 2 Habanero chiles; minced
- 1/2 ts Minced garlic
- 1/4 ts Dried thyme
- 1 ts Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Bay leaf (vein removed)
- 1/2 ts Paprika
- 1 ts Ground black pepper
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 2 ts Red wine vinegar
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat semi-coarsely.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.