Here's a great recipe for making salami at home. Salami is an all-time classic and is not as hard to make as you might think.
You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Bratwurst Seasoning mixes (scroll down to see links).Homemade Salami Ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon curing salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- Mix all of the ingredients together and knead well with hands to mix.
- Shape into 2 rolls and wrap in foil. Refrigerate overnight.
- Prick bottoms of rolls and bake at 350 on rack over a pan to catch the grease for 1 1/2 hours.