Italian sausage has been a favorite for centuries and Italian Sausage is one most popular type of fresh sausage and among the easiest sausages you can make at home.
You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Italian Sausage Seasoning mixes.
This Hot Italian Sausage recipe is sure to please. You can stuff the sausage you make into casings or form it into patties.Homemade Hot Italian Sausage Ingredients:
Homemade Hot Italian Sausage Instructions
- 5-lbs pork
- 1-cup cold red wine
- 1-cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5-tsp salt
- 1-tbsp garlic powder or-4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-tbsp fresh ground pepper
- 3-tsp cayenne
- 5-tbsp fennel seed
- 2-tsp crushed chili peppers
- 5-tbsp paprika
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the semi-meat coarsely.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.