Best Price Guarantee.
Fama 1 Hp Cheese Grater Cheese Graters, Model# fama-1
- 1HP motor with locking handle, safety On-Off release
- Direct, gear-driven motor lasts longer, more powerful - it's just better than belt-driven motors
- Stainless steel bowl and grater drum
- Processes 130 to 150 pounds of hard cheese per hour
- Compact and powerful, easy to clean and maintain
- Heavy Anodized Aluminum Construction
Overview of Fama 1 Hp Cheese Grater Cheese Graters, Model# fama-1
Manufacturer #: FAMA-1
This heavy duty commercial hard cheese grater from Fama (model Fama-1) is designed especially for restaurants and supermarkets who grate large quantities of hard cheeses (like romano, parmesan and asiago cheeses). Fama Industries, the Italian manufacturer of this superb kitchen tool, specializes in rugged machines for use in large scale commercial food processing. This C.E.-approved hard cheese processor is a study in well-made simplicity: the unitís one-horsepower motor turns the unitís grater drum (shaped like a cannister and studded with spikes); the drum rotates around and around, and thatís it: you feed chunks of hard cheese into the hopper, the chunks fall down and are grated and shredded by the rotating drum. The capture bowl is stainless steel, as is the spiked cannister drum; the overall unit frame is anodized aluminum. This machine shreds hard cheese and thatís all it does; if you need a machine to process soft cheeses you need to look elsewhere (see Alfa Internationalís GS-12 / PB-12 combination). Oh, full disclosure: this machineís not just for hard cheese: itís good for grinding up hard breads for bread crumbs, too.
- Hopper Opening is 3.25Ē x 5.5Ē