Transorm your deer meat into a delicious spicy Italian sausage!
You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Italian Sausage Seasoning mixes (scroll down to see links).Venison Hot Italian Sausage Ingredients
Homemade Spicy Italian Sausage Instructions
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 3 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 7 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3 1/4 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 7 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat with a fine grinding plate.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.