This recipe makes sausage with a rich and hearty garlic flavor, perfect for a grilling or as a part of your favorite casserole.
You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Bratwurst Seasoning mixes (scroll down to see links).Homemade Garlic Sausage Ingredients:
Homemade Garlic Sausage Instructions
- 5-lbs ground pork
- 8-tsp minced garlic, about 10 cloves
- 5-tbsp fresh coarsely ground black pepper
- 3-tsp red pepper flakes
- 5-tsp salt
- 5-tbsp paprika
- ½-cup chopped fresh chives
- 1-cup red wine
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat semi-coarsely.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.