Try this great recipe and you'll never want to buy breakfast sausage from a store again!
An all-time favorite at breakfast time, fresh breakfast sausage is a highly seasoned type of pork sausage that is not cured or smoked.
You can follow the recipe below, or just purchase one of our ready-made Breakfast Sausage Seasoning mixes (scroll down to see links).Homemade Breakfast Sausage Ingredients:
Homemade Breakfast Sausage Instructions
- 10-lbs ground pork
- 4-tbsp salt
- 1 3/4-tsp white pepper
- 3 1/2-tsp ground sage
- 2 1/2-tsp ground thyme
- 2 1/2-tsp nutmeg
- 2 1/2-tsp ground ginger
- 1/2-tsp red chili peppers flakes
- 1/2-cup cold water
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat with a fine grinding plate.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.